What you will need:
1) 1 lb olives (green, black, mixture and preferably from Greece, Italy, or Spain)
2) 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (this is good for you, very good)
3) 4 cloves garlic, crushed
4) Several sprigs of fresh time or rosemary
5) 2 bay leaves
6) 1 tsp hot red pepper flakes (optional)
1) Mix all ingredients and transfer to a jar or serving bowl. You can serve these immediately, although they are better if they sit, covered and refrigerated, for a day or two. They will keep, improving flavor, for several weeks, but bring to room temperature before serving.
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!! You can’t go wrong with this one, not if you are in college. It requires very few ingredients, a little amount of time and is extremely inexpensive. Let me just say, however, I am a huge fan of garlic. I just can’t get enough. I am all about garlic, you can never have too much. So, as someone who is a garlic fanatic, I like to add extra extra garlic (and that is my particular preference).
This recipe is courtesy of How to Cook Everything.
1) late night snack
2) study group
3) quick fix
4) Early-mid afternoon fix
5) get together with friends
By: Catherine Adrienne Rose